Llanelli Town AFC 

What might be termed an eventful game between the near rivals, culminated in three red cards, a sixth hat-trick of the season for the Reds` goal machine, Lee Trundle, a hatful of goals and a glut of missed chances which could well have doubled the eventual tally.

Ross Jones was just off target with an early chance when Trundle set him up, before the visitors launched a couple of attacks with Richard Lewis getting in a good block to deny Kurtis Morgan, while Craig Morris made a safe catch to cut out a cross into the middle by ex-Red, Tom Bouza. The hosts were then forced into an early ninth minute change when Lewis pulled up and was unable to continue, Adam jones coming on in his place, but within four minutes o f this they went ahead following a Jordan Davies corner which found Jordan Follows who directed his header past goalkeeper Rhys Owen..

The lead was extended further within a further three minutes when Liam Samuel did well to retain possession before finding Trundle who fired past Owen. As if these setbacks were not enough, the visitors were then dealt a further blow when referee Jack Deschoolmeester sent off Sam Keefe for a second yellow card after 20 minutes. The Reds were pressurising their opponents continuously, and when Trundle back heeled a ball into the path of Follows, his shot beat Owen but rebounded off the post. They did not to have to wait long, however, before getting a third, Trundle completing a brace by latching on to an initial block across goal and finding the top corner on 32 minutes.

The numerical advantage enjoyed by the home side was levelled out in the 35th minute with the dismissal of Ross Jones for a challenge on Michael Morris, which led to a flare-up involving players on both sides. Follows failed to convert a chance from point blank range when Jones initially found Trundle who in turn picked out his strike partner, and again just before the break he shot wide with only Owen to beat. If the visitors thought events in the first half could not get any worse, their fears were realised just six minutes after the restart when they were reduced to nine men with Craig Matthews picking up two cautions.

The Reds took full advantage, and racked up a fourth goal in the 59th minute, although Owen did not cover himself in glory, allowing a soft shot from Joe Clarke to slip through his fingers into the net. James Loveridge was introduced in place of the misfiring Follows, and almost immediately made an impact, forcing Owen to turn his finish around the upright.

He had better luck on 75 minutes when a high ball rebounded off him and trickled past a bemused goalkeeper, and in stoppage time, Trundle completed his treble, with a trademark swivel in the box  before s mashing his finish into the top corner. A thoroughly convincing win for the Reds, which takes them three points clear of second placed Briton Ferry Llansawel with two games in hand.

LLANELLI TOWN ;    Morris; R. Thomas; Lewis (A. Jones, 9); R. Jones; C. Thomas (Finselbach, 65); Bevan ©; Clarke; Davies; Follows (Loveridge, 57); Trundle; Samuel;  Subs. not used; Wade; McFenton (GK).

GARDEN VILLAGE;   Owen; Selvage (Hurdsman, 54); S. Matthews; Coffey; Evans; Georgievsky; Morris (Dalling, 68); Bauza (Hayward, 60); Keefe; Morgan ©; C. Matthews; Subs. not used; Richards; Bradshaw.

SCORERS; Llanelli Town – Follows, 13; Trundle, 16, 32, 90+2; Clarke, 59; Loveridge, 75.

YELLOW CARDS;    Llanelli Town – Davies. Garden Village – Keefe (2); C. Matthews (2); Georgievsky.

RED CARDS;  Llanelli Town – R. Jones. Garden Village – Keefe; C. Matthews.

REFEREE;  Jack Deschoolmeester (Pontarddulais).