Llanelli Town AFC 



Trailing 3-2 with just minutes remaining, the Reds snatched a dramatic win against their Welsh Premier League opponents by virtue of two very late goals.

This was no more than they deserved, as they had twice taken the lead before being pegged back, with their talisman, Lee Trundle, again heavily involved, notching up  a brace before providing the corner for the third goal.

The visitors were without two players, Chris Thomas who was unavailable, while striker Jordan Follows has temporarily joined an Icelandic side who have six matches left of their season, but presumably will return to the club when this is over. They also gave debuts to former Haverfordwest County player Antonio Facciutto and Chris Jones, who was on the books of Swansea City, and on this evidence, both will prove valuable acquisitions.

It took only 12 minutes for the opening goal of the contest to arrive when Jordan Davies was fouled outside the area, and Trundle stepped up to take the award and leave goalkeeper Chris Mullock rooted to the spot with his perfectly placed kick. The home keeper then pulled off a fine save to deny the Swansea City legend a further success shortly after when Davies set up the chance, but having survived this, the hosts then levelled matters on 22 minutes following a Geoff Kellaway corner which was punched out by Craig Morris in the Reds` goal but only as far as Malcolm Melvin, who steered his finish low into the net.

Despite this setback, the visitors continued to push forward, and it took a saving tackle on Trundle in the box to prevent another potential goal. They did not have to wait long, however, before taking the lead again, when a careless midfield pass by Aberystwyth was seized upon by Davies who then found Trundle, and he finished in trademark fashion, floating the ball delicately over the stranded Mullock into a vacant net in the 26th minute.

The Reds` elation was short-lived, as just two minutes later the scores were again all-square when referee Aled Jones, after some initial hesitation, pointed to the spot following a tackle on a home player, leading to a penalty award, which was effortlessly put away by Cledan Davies. After the break, Aberystwyth came more into the game, and took the lead for the first time on 68 minutes following a corner which led to a melee in front of the goal, culminating in Jonny Spittall heading a bouncing ball past Morris

The rest of the half did not produce much in the way of clear cut chances for either side, and with full time approaching, it appeared as if the home side were going to hang on to their slender lead.
But in the 90th minute, a Trundle corner to the far post found Lee Bevan whose header struck the post but cannoned into the net, possibly off a home player.

At this stage of proceedings, the Reds would probably have settled for the draw, but in the second minute of stoppage time Ross Jones laid on a pass for James Loveridge to rifle his finish past the keeper and seal the win.

LLANELLI TOWN;  Morris; Lewis; Facciutto; Finselbach; Clarke; Bevan ©; C. Jones; Davies; R. Jones;
Trundle; Loveridge; R. Thomas; Samuel; Morgan; L. Jones.

SCORERS;  Aberystwyth Town – Melvin, 22; Davies, (P)28; Spittall, 68. Llanelli Town – Trundle, 12, 26; Bevan, 90; Loveridge, 90+2.

REFEREE;  Aled Jones (Lampeter).